Monday, February 19, 2018

IHSW - Feb 2018

Linking up with Joysze from Random Ramblings and her International Hermit and Stitching Weekend:)

It's been quite some time since I participated in the IHSW and I'm super excited that it is back up and running:) Thank you Joysze for putting the work into this stitch along and the Facebook page as well!!

Like normal - for me anyway, I made headway on one and lost ground on the other. The first project I worked on was O Tannenbaum from With thy Needle and Thread. I started off here...
And ended up here. This finished this section of the design. There are 5 sections that are intended to be cut out and placed in different cubbies of a shadow box. I'm not doing the box, but will quilt the pieces together to make a small wall hanging. 
 I also worked on the first design in the Farmhouse Christmas series from Little House Needle Works. I started here...
And ended up here. I guess I did make a little progress on the the right side of the barn, but as I was stitching it I realized that I miscounted on the left side and needed to frog most of it. All-in-all, I lost progress on this one.  I intend to quilt these designs together as well.
Not bad for a couple of days though and I'm loving both of these projects so much!!

Off to see how others got along this weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to rip out on the Farmhouse piece, but you made fabulous progress with the O Tannenbaum piece. I like your needle minders. Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, darn frog!!! Glad that's all behind you now. Both projects look awesome, Shannon and thanks for waiting patiently for IHSW to come back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stitching projects! You made so much progress on the first one and it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon,
    I’m joining in for the first time.
    Cute projects!
    Sorry to hear the frog visited.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry the frog visited you. Your progress is lovely!

    ReplyDelete