Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Happy 2018!!!

Yeah, I know, I'm a little late to the party:) I've really taken my time easing into the new year. My last post was in the middle of November and shortly after that my hubby broke his ankle. Not a bad break, thankfully, no surgery required, just lots of rest and relaxation, which my hubby can do for a full 24 hours or so before he is ready to be back up and at it. The 5 weeks that he more or less took off work was pretty much torture for him. Other than a day or two here and there where he *thought* he was ready to go back to work and then learned otherwise, he was in the bed or on the couch with his leg up - he was having a lot of issues with it swelling. He's all back to better now, and we are all thankful for that!!! When he first did it my sister-in-law asked if the doctors were going to tranquilize him to keep him off the ankle. I said they needed to either tranquilize him, or me!!

With all the home time, I did get quite a bit of crafting done. Most of it was for Christmas gifts, some of which I forgot to take pictures of!!!

I made a new zipper stitching bag for my sister-in-law, finished the autumn wordplay stitching and the winter wordplay stitching for my mother-in-law, made a sockhead slouch hat for my daughter...
 and Maize finger-less mitts for her as well.
I think that is all for the Christmas gifts:) I even had most of them done by Christmas, I finished up the mitts on Christmas night, so I decided that counted too!!

Since then I have been working on a bit of stitching and crochet. First is my Jan 1st start, it is 'The Way it Used to Be' from Artecy and it is a big one!! I made the mistake of telling my hubby that I was looking for a new pattern to start for Jan 1st and he asked if I could do one that he liked too. One that was a little bigger that we could hang up in the living room. So he starts looking around the internet and finds some he liked and so did I and we came up with this one...
There are around 24 pages of chart in this one!! So I'm not planning on having it finished anytime soon, but I will work steadily along on it. In between I hope to get some smaller projects finished like this one...
Just about done with it. I'm stitching this over one so it'll be pretty small.

And I'm also working as fast as possible on this..
Just a basic crochet scarf that I'm making to put in a 'Winter' themed basket that our 4-H group will be auctioning off. It's at about 40 inches long right now and needs to be finished by Friday!! Gulp!! I'm pretty sure if I put the stitching down for a couple days that I can get it finished in time:)

I've got big plans for both crafting and home/life/possible business coming up for this year and I'm super excited about all of it. I'll make sure to keep you updated on all of it:)

Linked up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Shannon! Happy to see your new post! I am sorry that your husband broke his ankle, but glad that he has recovered from it. You are off to a good start on your Artecy project and the Heartstring Samplery piece. I look forward to reading about your plans for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too - I'm amazed at the embroidery - it's definitely not a quick finish but it's going to be stunning when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Those Christmas gifts you crocheted are really nice. I love the mitts, I am currently knitting fingerless mittens too. They are fun and quick to knit up. I love your stitching too! That is something I am growing very interested in trying out. The scarf is coming along well too. Looking forward to seeing all that you do in 2018!

    ReplyDelete