Saturday, January 20, 2018

Friday Night Sew-In

Joining in on Friday Night Sew-In with Wendy from Sugarlane Designs.

I'm pretty excited to be getting back to a couple sew/knit/stitch blog hops. Helps to keep me motivated:) 

I started a big stitching project for the beginning of the year, 'The Way Things Used to Be' from Artecy designs. It is so big that I can't fold up the fabric on one side of the q-snap to hold it in place. I don't usually use a q-snap or frame/holder of any kind, but this one is a must. My sister-in-law suggested that I make a grime/crud guard for it as it would keep me from getting the fabric dirty and help hold in the fabric..
  Look at all that extra fabric!!
 
 So much better!!

I showed my sister-in-law that I had figured out how to make one (loosely following THESE instructions) and she asked if I could make her one with the coordinating fabric I used when making her a stitching bag and I decided I needed one more for another semi-big project I'm working on, so...

 This stitching project is 'Winter Snapperland' from Bent Creek.
And now I have another request from a friend for one or two for her. Thankfully they are super simple to make so I don't mind:)

I have yet to actually use them as I needed to get a scarf done that I was working on, but that is done now so it's time for some stitching!!

Off to see what others got done last night as well!!

7 comments:

  1. Never heard of a grime guard. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching and the guard is a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those guards are a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Q-snap covers are lovely. I hope it helps with corralling that large piece of fabric. Looking forward to seeing your progress on both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for keeping your fabric clean! Make a lovely gift for a stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for sharing this site! Make a lovely gift for a stitcher.

    หนังแอ็คชั่น

    ReplyDelete