Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Craft On: Finishes!!

Linking with Nicole at Frontier Dreams

I guess the one thing to be said about being away from the computer is that I do get more crafting done:) I have two projects that I've finished in the last two weeks!!

First is the bright pink hat I was making for a foster family-friend...
It turned out so cute!! I was worried about how the seam in the back would turn out as I've never knit a hat flat and then seamed up the back, but you couldn't hardly tell their was a seam at all!! My friend sent me a picture of the little girl this went to and it looks perfect on her:) THIS is the pattern.

The next project I did was on a whim. My sister-in-law gave me a double folded pot holder a few years ago that a friend of hers had crocheted. Hers and mine had both been used so much that they have since hit the dust, so she was talking of wanting to try to make another.
So I looked around for a pattern - and there are LOTS of them, and ended up using THIS one. While not technically a pattern, I thought her directions were well layed out. I did make one change and that was to do a 42 stitch chain, which I think still turned out smaller than the original pot holder that I had, but ended up using up all but about 3 feet of the yarn ball. I really got lucky that I choose the size so well!! :)

Now I'm back to working on socks and want to get back to the cardigan that I started. Oh, and I had started some mitts for my daughter that I want to get done for Christmas, and she requested a hat as well:) Happy knitting mommy!! Looks like I have lots to keep me busy.

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, the hat turned out so well for you. I like the yarn you used for the potholder. Have fun with your needles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! it is so cute and the big flower on it is a nice addition and perfect for a little girl. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hat this is good project for me thank for sharing.

    หนังแอ็คชั่น

    ReplyDelete