Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Craft On - Socks, Socks, Socks

Linking up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams and her Crafting On link-up.

I didn't get any work done on my Cloud Wrap, but I have been wearing my fingers out working on socks!!!

I finally finished my very first pair of socks!!!
Using THIS pattern (except that I lengthened the leg portion) and Kroy Sock yarn. I'm super happy with these socks:)
My daughter wanted a pair as well, only she wants hers a little shorter than what I made mine. So I'm using the same pattern as above, but leaving the leg length the same as the pattern calls for. I'm ready to start the heal flap on this one.
And then I remembered that I had this yarn in my stash and as it is pretty different than the Kroy yarn, I went off to buy another pair of size 2 dpns and got started using the pattern on the back of the yarn band. The pattern is very similar to the above pattern, but one of the differences is that you are working on 3 needles instead of 4. This makes the yarn pull between needle one and two and try as I might to keep the tension tight, it shows up pretty badly. So I undid what I had done and I'm going to do it on 4 needles, I'll have to switch off by the time I get to the heel flap, but I can do that and I think it'll make for nicer socks. This yarn is almost elastic so it has a very different feel and look to the ones above. We will see which ones I prefer once they are done:)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your sock pair finished! They are lovely. Nice start on your daughter's sock.

    ReplyDelete